Monday, March 14, 2011

My Steve, My Muse, My Hero

How can I have words to relate how much my husband, Steve, has meant for me?  I don't know that those words exist for me.  Steve displayed strength for me when I just couldn't have it for myself.  He let me be sad about my diagnosis and has never made me feel like I couldn't grieve for what I have had to lose because of the lupus.  I have felt as though I had nothing left to offer to this man, and I couldn't promise that I would ever be exactly as I was.  Steve hasn't run away from me and he has allowed me to be scared without worrying about his feelings.  He has laid down the law and told me to stop doing anything so that I could rest, which is important for me.  I'm glad that there have also been times when I could be strong for him and that makes me feel happy and the helpless feelings that could drown me, disappear because I know that I can help him too.  I feel like it's been a team effort and if not for that team effort, I think that my fear might be too much for me,  He's saved me and I will never be able to return that favor.  I love him unconditionally and I think that I get that same love back.   He's beautiful and brilliant and he is kind and selfless.  I couldn't ask for a better partner,  He's a person full of integrity and love for the people in his lives.  This world is a better place for him being in it.  I'me in awe of him.  I always will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment