Monday, March 14, 2011

The mind is pretty amazing tool!

OK, so I decided yesterday to try my hand at bendng a spoon using the power of my mind.  Having lupus really has the ability to limit what you can do with your hands and more importantly, what you cannot do with your hands.  Many times my hands refuse to cooperate with me and it frustrates me in ways that I never imagined that it could. 

I watched a couple YouTube videos on how to bend spoons and I decided to put them to work.  My first couple attempts were epic failures but on my third attempt, I was able to bend the spoon in a really unique way!  It was unreal!  After that, Steve and I decided to see how I would fare with a butter knife.  I figured, "Hey, why not?" and on the first attempt, not only did I bend the knife, but I broke it in half!  (Don't worry, pictures are coming!)

This feels like a major accomplishment for me!  Lupus has made me feel like I can't do anything and even though bending spoons may not seem like a victory, in my mind it was a huge victory!  I feel empowered for the first time in a very long time!

2 comments:

  1. If you are the Lupus lady then I'm the Candida Queen. Together we can conquer anything!!!! I've seen a lot through my research about Lupus being connected to Systemic Fungal Candida. Gotta kick the sugar/high glycemic carbs habit. That one is tough. I'm lovin Stevia and Cinnamon. I'm following the Paleolithic diet of lean meats, seafood, greens, low carb veggies with some millet, brown rice and buckwheat. I'm your first follower and your #1 nutrition supporter. I gotta try the bending the spoon trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about girl power, here! I'm fairly certain that between our brains, we could pretty much make anything happen@

    ReplyDelete