Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wearing my "Big Girl" pants...

Sometimes it takes all of the effort that I have in me to make it through a painful day without constantly complaining about how lousy I feel. I know that it won't make me feel any better if I do and it is probably pretty annoying to be on the receiving end of. Sometimes I have to put how I feel on the back burner so that I can take care of my responsibilities. This is my idea of wearing my "Big Girl" pants.

Today was a "Big Girl" pants kind of day. I don't do well with rainy weather and today was a rainy day. My body hurts in ways that I never imagined it could. Today was a day when all that I wanted to do was to whine and call my dad and cry. I held it together and fought the urge to curl up into the fetal position and sob.

I'm really lucky that I have an amazing husband who doesn't mind letting me cry and complain when I need to be heard. He actually encourages me to tell him what I'm feeling even if it's just going to be complaining about how much pain I'm dealing with. If I didn't have the kind of support that Steve gives me, I would not be able to get through the days like this when wearing my "Big Girl" pants isn't optional.

Best. Husband. Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment